Wisdom Teeth Removal
Common problems associated with wisdom teeth misalignment include:
- Painful, swollen gums
- Crowded or damaged surrounding teeth
- Possible damaged nerves and jawbone
Even though many fear getting their wisdom teeth removed, the dental team at Mid-Del Complete Dental Care will provide the safest, most comfortable extraction procedure possible.
The extraction procedure:
- Local, sedation or general anesthesia is administered
- An incision is made in the gum tissue
- The bone that blocks access to the tooth root is removed
- The wisdom tooth is removed
- The site of the removed tooth is cleaned
- The wound is stiched close to promote healing, though this isn't always necessary
- Gauze is placed over the extraction site to control bleeding and to help a blood clot form
Don't put off having your wisdom teeth extracted when the time is right. Call your Midwest City dentist at 405-455-1534 today to schedule a consultation.